Not an Exorcism

My sister asked me to perform an exorcism or banishing spell on her, as she felt that she was being haunted by the spirit of a dead relative. I did a little research into banishing spells but I also asked my sister more questions about what she was experiencing.

I asked her "Imagine we do this spell and it is a fabulous success, more successful than you could ever hope for. Tell me what is different." Her answers had to do with a shadow she felt was hanging over her, a weight which was oppressing her. But they were also to do with a great confusion she had over her own identity, the identity of the dead relative and a few other concepts which she had difficulty separating.

We talked at length about these people and these concepts, about the difference between a real person and the image of a person you hold in your head. We talked about her own expectations of herself, and her relationship with other people. At one point she cried.

Afterwards, I asked her who or what she wanted to banish. She said "No-one, any more".

So I guess that was successful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment