I Don't Believe in Magic


I don't believe in magic - but I believe in the power of prayer. How do I know this works? From a great deal of personal experience.

I don't believe in magic - but I believe that some substances have the power to cure illnesses, relieve symptoms, alter states of mind, and have other effects on the mind and body (which are actually the same thing). Some of these substances are familiar to us as little round tablets prescribed by the doctor. Some of them are familiar to us as plants or minerals or animal parts. How do I know this works? From a great deal of personal experience.

I don't believe in magic - but I believe that thoughts are powerful. If you think sad, self-deprecating thoughts you will feel sad and depressed. If you think happy, optimistic thoughts you will feel joyful and energised. If someone else can make you feel afraid, you will continue to feel wretched even when that person is nowhere near and has no real power to harm you. Except they already have harmed you by making you afraid. And many other instances of the power of thoughts. How do I know this works? From a great deal of personal experience.

I don't believe in magic - but I believe that actions and objects can evoke certain thoughts. And I have already explained that thoughts are powerful. The action of having a funeral for a loved one can be a powerful part of recovering from the pain of loss, and making the transition from a life in which the loved one was physically present to a life in which they are not physically present. An object belonging to a deceased loved one can have a great deal of power - if the object is stolen or otherwise lost, the owner can be horribly damaged both mentally and physically. And many other examples of the power of objects and actions.  How do I know this works? From a great deal of personal experience.

I don't believe in magic - but I know for a sure fact that nobody alive today, whether eminent scientist or prominent religious leader or powerful magic practitioner, knows everything about this vast and amazing universe we live in.

I don't believe in magic - but I won't let that stop me from using it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment